1) How do I register? (Your Blog and Yourself)
- To participate in the Forum, Groups, Community Activity on the Main OBN, click here to register: Community Registration
- To submit your blog for the Outdoor Directory, you’ll need to register for a directory account here: Blog Directory Registration
We understand having to register twice to participate in all of the OBN Features is… inconvenient. We’d even say it’s annoying. But to explain, the directory is on a separate and unique database. Hindsight is 20/20…especially when it comes to programming!
Our swanky suggestion….register for both areas with the same email/username/password. Then when you sign in on either site it will feel…seamless!
2) I don’t have an Outdoor Blog but enjoy visiting Outdoor blogs and want to join the OBN to hang out in the Online Outdoor Community, is that ok? Sure! Just make an account here on the OBN main and you can mix and mingle with everyone.
3) I forgot my password, where do I get another one?
Outdoor Community Questions: (Main OBN Site)
1) How do I edit my profile?
I do love a good visual…once you click edit, you’ll be taken to your personal profile page. Scroll down, edit away. Add your blog link, social media links, about me…etc.
2) Help! I’m getting to many email alerts.
Notifications: On your personal profile page, click settings, notifications and check/uncheck the notifications you’d like.
3) How do I import my blog RSS Feed into my profile activity stream?
Import: On your personal profile page, click settings, click Import Blog. On this Option you will provide the name of your blog and the link of your RSS Feed.
We allow you to import up to 2 RSS Feeds. If you have more than 2 blogs well then…you are busy!
4) How do I add friends (or cancel friendships) in the community?
There are two ways to add friends that you can easily follow along with in the community.
You can click on the tab for Community Members and browse for like minded peeps. Hint: Hover over their profile picture and if they have filled out their personal information it will ‘pop’ up.
On the pop up you can click ‘add friend’ or to the right of their name, you’ll see an ‘add friend’ option. If you are already friends with someone, it will give you the option to ‘cancel friendship’…
5) How do I make an Outdoor Group? Or Join an Outdoor Group?
Create a Group: Click on the tab that says, “Outdoor Groups”
Click create a Group and follow the instructions. Hint: Be sure to use the ‘invite’ others to your group option to kick off your group.
Join a Group: scroll through the various groups and if one interests you, click the “join group’ option on the right side. Then go say hello…Easy!
Other Various Questions about participation in the Community:
Is it ok to promote my recent blog posts in the Community Activity stream? YES! That’s what we are here for, to provide as many ways as possible for you to promote your efforts. Of course, linking your blog every hour on the hour might be overkill, so use good judgement.
Is it ok to promote my recent blog posts in the Community News Section (located in the sidebar of homepage OBN) AND the Community Activity Stream? Sure! In fact, we’d suggest you do both. You never know what headline or location will catch someone’s attention and have them click on your link for a visit.
I have a Question not covered here, can I contact you?
Sure, just hit us up on our contact page and we’ll get back to you.
Unless we are off fishing….