Name or Online Code Name: Sean Sanders (Anderson)
Blog URL: Up the Poudre
2) Outdoor Mornings. Up at 5 a.m.? 6…7…8…9…Or when the sun heats up the tent and you can’t take it anymore? The alarm clock usually fires its first warning about 6…I’ll hit snooze a few times, but am pretty good about getting out the door by 8. I’m lucky to live pretty close to lots of water. what’s the rush…
3) Snicker Bar or Granola Bar on the trail? Snicker Bar. Although, I always have a granola bar in the pack. The same bar has remained unopened for about a year now…maybe I should do something about that.
4) Your Birthday is coming. What outdoor (dream) present should we all chip in to buy you this year? If a picture with cardboard Kirk is out of the question….I wouldn’t mind a trip back to Montana with some friends. And if Montana and some friends are out of the question, a twelve pack of cheap beer would do.
5) Seven days in the Alaskan Wilderness or Seven days on a Tropical Beach? Alaska for sure…although it could possibly be the last anyone would ever hear from me. Chris Hunt said he caught a trout up there on a piece of white fuzz and a hook. We’re talking some real McGyver s***. I think I could get used to that.
6) What kind of Outdoor Store would you own? I would buy the Lander Bar in Lander, Wyoming. I would cater to the hunter and fisherman…although, I probably wouldn’t have to change a thing.
7) Finish this sentence: When I was a little kid, I loved to go outside and…roam. Growing up we had free reign over the neighborhood…I’m sure that we derelict kids knew more about your backyard than you did.
8) Do you have an Outdoor related item that is priceless to you? What is it and why? I have an old 16 gauge Winchester 12 shotgun that was my grandfathers. Not growing up with him around makes it pretty special. Other than that no…it’s all just gear. Lots and lots of gear.
9) Fill in the blank. When I head outdoors I need to have_________________with me? Gatorade, Gummy Savers, and Beef Jerky. If I got that, everything else will work out just fine.
10) What’s the story behind your blog name? When we moved to Colorado a couple years ago from Minnesota, the Poudre River was the closest place to fish from where we lived. When Bridget would ask where I was going to go fish, I would always say, “Up the Poudre”. And then laugh like the twelve year old that I am…so when I started a blog that I thought no one would read, I named it Up the Poudre, if for nothing other than a cheap laugh. I still think it’s funny…I’m easy, what can I say.
Courage Level Question: It’s You and a Grizzly Bear face to face on the trail. Knowing yourself, will you 1) Hold your ground and see who blinks first 2) throw your gear at the Grizzly and run for your life or 3) faint on the spot?
I would probably freeze, does that count as holding one’s ground? It happened once with a black bear in RMNP. My wife was not impressed.
Thank You Sanders for jumping into the fire for a bit.
Don’t forget to visit Up the Poudre today!