Name or Online Code Name: Chris Hunt (upacreek333)
Blog URL: Eat More Brook Trout
2) Outdoor Mornings. Up at 5 a.m.? 6…7…8…9…Or when the sun heats up the tent and you can’t take it anymore? Usually up at 7ish… but I’m in no hurry to fish, especially in the mountains. I like to let the sun hit the water.
4) Your Birthday is coming. What outdoor (dream) present should we all chip in to buy you this year? A vintage DeHavilland Beaver. C’mon… if everybody pitched in a dollar…
5) Seven days in the Alaskan Wilderness or Seven days on a Tropical Beach? That’s a tough one. I just got back from the tropics, and that’s awesome. I’m also headed to Alaska next week. Can I get back to you on that one? (And, yes, I know… I’m spoiled senseless—but don’t hate me because of it).
6) What kind of Outdoor Store would you own? I wouldn’t… those folks work too hard and never to get to fish…
7) Finish this sentence: When I was a little kid, I loved to go outside and… catch crawdads from the ditch across the street. It’s amazing how fast a pair of crawdads can eat through a fish tank full of guppies.
8) Do you have an Outdoor related item that is priceless to you? What is it and why? My grandfather’s bamboo fly rod… it’s in shambles and needs to be restored, but it’s the last reminder I have of him, and I’ll never part with it. Ever.
9) Fill in the blank. When I head outdoors I need to have my— bright yellow wrestling singlet —with me.
10) What’s the story behind your blog name? First… brookies are delicious. Second, here in the West, they’re invasive. Killing and eating them is a good thing. Trust me.
Courage Level Question: It’s You and a Grizzly Bear face to face on the trail. Knowing yourself, will you 1) Hold your ground and see who blinks first 2) throw your gear at the Grizzly and run for your life or 3) faint on the spot?
After spending a week in saltwater croc country, I’m not nearly so freaked out by grizzlies as I likely should be. I think I’d have to answer No. 1, with the caveat that I’d have the bear spray in hand and ready to party.
Thank you for stepping into the fire Chris!
Chris also has an ongoing interview series called Twenty Questions you should check out.
Visit Eat More Brook Trout today.