Name or Online Code Name: Nick (BFA or Brookfieldangler)
Blog URL: Brookfield Angler
2) Outdoor Mornings. Up at 5 a.m.? 6…7…8…9…Or when the sun heats up the tent and you can’t take it anymore? 5 a.m. is the earliest option? Geeesh you people sure like to sleep in. On a couple of recent occasions, I’ve been up at 2:30 to go fishing. I was amazed to see how many people are out and about at that time. Sure…most are stumbling home from the bars but there are people out there riding bikes, taking a walk, etc….Since then, I have become pretty adamant about locking my truck at night – damn hoodlums.
3) Snicker Bar or Granola Bar on the trail? Both….I get hungry out there.
4) Your Birthday is coming. What outdoor (dream) present should we all chip in to buy you this year? Can you guys buy me a river?
5) Seven days in the Alaskan Wilderness or Seven days on a Tropical Beach? Can’t I do both? Well…since I have to choose, I would pick Alaska Wilderness. That has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. If I get to go, I would try to make sure that the possibilites of seeing the northern lights would be as high as possible.
6) What kind of Outdoor Store would you own? You ever see that show “Last Man Standing” with Tim Allen? I would like that kind of outdoors store; big but owned by the little guy and has something to offer everyone. I also noticed that it has a striking resemblance to Bass Pro Shops.
7) Finish this sentence: When I was a little kid, I loved to go outside and… No need for “and”. I just loved to go outside. I didn’t care if I was riding my bike, playing ice hockey on the pond, or trying to dig a hole a China as long as I was outside.
8) Do you have an Outdoor related item that is priceless to you? What is it and why? You know, I really don’t. I am pretty hard on all of my stuff and any material item in the outdoors is bound to break, or be lost. I wouldn’t want to put anything I consider priceless through the rigors of me and the outdoors.
9) Fill in the blank. When I head outdoors I need to have _________________with me? My sunglasses! I don’t leave home without them. They are the filter to all things outdoors. I wrote a blog about them once; I’ll have to dig that one up.
10) What’s the story behind your blog name? Essentially, my blog name is a direct result of a complete lack of creativity. I suck at making up cool names for things. Brookfield is the town I am from and the angler part…well I’m sure you can figure that one out.
Courage Level Question: It’s You and a Grizzly Bear face to face on the trail. Knowing yourself, will you 1) Hold your ground and see who blinks first 2) throw your gear at the Grizzly and run for your life or 3) faint on the spot?
I would crap in my pants – not because I was scared though – and hope that the smell was enough to make the bear think that I was past my “sell by” date causing him to go on the search for a fresher option.
Love that last answer! Thank you for playing along Nick.
Be sure to check out BrookfieldAngler.com. You don’t want to miss out.