Name or Online Code Name: Mark / Sole Adventure
Blog URL: Sole Adventure
1) Outdoor Activity of choice? I love almost anything outdoors, but my true passion is bowhunting. I am also getting into trail running quite a bit.
2) Outdoor Mornings. Up at 5 a.m.? 6…7…8…9…Or when the sun heats up the tent and you can’t take it anymore? I am habitually early, especially when it comes to outdoor activities. I am usually up by 5, but I’ll leave the house at 2am if that is what it takes for a given trip.
3) Snicker Bar or Granola Bar on the trail? Usually a Clif bar, which I guess is sort of a combination of both. (Crunchy peanut butter!!!)
4) Santa is coming. What outdoor (dream) present should he put under the tree for you this year? Hmm… I could use a bow case for my new Elite Pure. (Hey honey, are you reading this?)
5) Seven days in the Alaskan Wilderness or Seven days on a Tropical Beach? Alaska. No doubt!
6) What kind of Outdoor Store would you own? I would own an online store that specialized in featuring the smaller companies in the industry.
7) Finish this sentence: When I was a little kid, I loved to go outside and...try to be cool enough to hang out with my older brother and his friends. It usually didn’t end well.
8 ) Biggest Outdoor Pet Peeve? Finding trash.
9) Fill in the blank. When I head outdoors I need to have_________________with me? I have to have… something from my Grandpa with me – his knife, his lighter, or one of his old deer tags.
10) What’s the story behind your blog name? I have a little blurb on my about page explaining what Sole Adventure means to me. ”Sole” is a play on words with multiple meanings.
Courage Level Question: It’s You and a Grizzly Bear face to face on the trail. Knowing yourself, will you 1) Hold your ground and see who blinks first 2) throw your gear at the Grizzly and run for your life or 3) faint on the spot?
There is a fine line between courage and stupidity, which is a lesson that I have learned the hard way. I think I would freeze and let the grizzly make the first move.
Thank you Mark for stepping into the ring of fire!
Be sure to check out his excellent blog at Sole Adventure