This week’s Gear Review Opportunity comes to us from giants in the Outdoor Industry – Coleman and Gerber. Our initial intent was to do a Camping-related offering, but these products defy any attempts to pigeon-hole them in a static category. I really can’t think of ANYONE who couldn’t use any of these offerings. Well – maybe the Machete is a little bit geared toward primitive camping. Without further ado …
We’ll begin the offering highlighting the 3 products offered by Gerber Legendary Blades. Three lucky bloggers will receive one of the following Gerber products:
A proprietary name that stands for Forward Action Spring Technology: Spring assisted blade opening mechanism designed for Gerber by custom knife maker Butch Vallotton.
Gerber FIT tool seems to us that it can be used by anyone, anywhere. An assortment of useful tools in a compact package, with Gerber’s legendary quality. Who couldn’t use one of these?
Compact with smooth lines and every day tools, the Fit still manages to sport a L.E.D. light bright enough to be used as a standalone flashlight. The Fit’s long drivers reach into the small spaces typical multi-tools can’t. Components: Tweezers, Bottle Opener, Micro Cross Driver, Micro Flat Head Driver, Scissors, 25 Lumen L.E.D. Flashlight, Fine Edge & Serrated Blade. Interchangeable Large Cross & Flat Head Drivers
Retail Value $40.99
Alright – maybe this next offering isn’t for EVERYBODY. But anyone who does any primitive camping will certainly find a use for the Gerber Machete Pro.
The premium Gator Machete Pro offers advanced durability and multi-purpose use as an axe, machete, brush thinner or knife.
- Superior Steel – For enhanced strength, corrosion resistance and ease of sharpening
- Gator(reg) Grip Handle – Enhances comfort and resists slipping
- Lanyard – Acts as restraint to prevent hand slipping
- Military-Grade Nylon Sheath – Mold and mildew resistant
- Sharpening Stone – Included with sheath
Retail Value $52.99
From Coleman, we have 3 separate packages. These items most certainly fall under the category of “Usable By Everyone”. Fishermen, Boaters, Hikers, Campers – you name it, everyone can use these. The items are all shown below. The packages contain different assortments of these products.
Package #1 includes: one each CPX 4.5 Flashlight, CPX 4.5 Energy Powerpak , and CPX 4.5 Rechargeable Battery Pak
Package #2 includes: one each CPX 4.5 Mini Lantern , CPX 4.5 Energy Powerpak, and CPX 4.5 Rechargeable Battery Pak
Package #3 includes one of each of these four great products: CPX 4.5 Flashlight, CPX 4.5 Mini Lantern , CPX 4.5 Energy Powerpak , and CPX 4.5 Rechargeable Battery Pak
High power LED flashlight
- • Machined aerospace-grade aluminum housing with anti-roll design
- • Impact resistance, up to one meter
- • Extremely durable and lightweight
- • 126 lumen light output
- • Runtime of 7 hours
- • Beam distance of 157 meters
- • Product tested to ANSI FL1 standards
- Retail value $34.99
CPX™ system means you can operate on included battery cartridge and AAA batteries, or the rechargeable power cartridge (sold separately)
- • Impact resistant up to two meters
- • Perfect size for backpackers, or lighting inside a tent
- • Recessed wire ball and glow cap maximize light when hung upside down
- • Lantern is approximately 4″ tall
- • 75 lumens on high, 23 on low
- • 10 hours runtime on high, 26 hours runtime on low
- • 6 meters beam distance on high, 3 meters on low
- • Limited one year warranty
- Retail value $29.99
Portable electronics charger
- • Charging time varies with electronic devices
- • Water and impact resistant
- • Take it anywhere!
- • Limited one year warranty
- Retail value $19.99
4.5 volt power cartridge for Coleman® CPX™ rechargeable power system
- • Connvert any of the great Coleman® CPX™ 4.5 products into a rechargeable product
- • Compatible Coleman® CPX™ products include flashlights, headlamps, and lanterns
- • Item is water resistant
- Retail value $24.99
By now I’m sure you all know the drill, but, for the newcomers, here you go: Make a comment below if you will be in a position to use and evaluate the gear in 4-6 weeks. One comment per person. In the comment, let us know which items you are interested in. After you get the gear, use it, review it, and write your review. Send us a note and the review link and we put your review on the OBN Gear Review log. Simple.
Before you pull that comment trigger: Gear Review Opportunity is open to OBN Members with an Active Blog on the Outdoor Blogger Directory. By Commenting on this Entry you confirm you have read the Reviewer Guidelines and agree to the terms and conditions. Comments will be accepted until Sunday at 5 p.m. MST. Winning comment (s) will be selected by the Random Number Generator and announced this coming Monday on the OBN. Please check back to see if the RNG has shined upon you, we don’t track down winners…